xarray_extras: Advanced algorithms for xarray¶
This module offers several extensions to xarray, which could not be included into the main module because they fall into one or more of the following categories:
- They’re too experimental
- They’re too niche
- They introduce major new dependencies (e.g. numba or a C compiler)
- They would be better done by doing major rework on multiple packages, and then one would need to wait for said changes to reach a stable release of each package - in the right order.
The API of xarray-extras is unstable by definition, as features will be progressively migrated upwards towards xarray, dask, numpy, pandas, etc.
- Multi-threaded CSV writer, much faster than
pandas.DataFrame.to_csv(), with full support for dask and dask distributed.
- Advanced cumulative sum/productory/mean functions
- dask-optimized n-dimensional spline interpolation
- Additions to numba
- Advanced sort/take functions
- Tools for stacking/unstacking dimensions